Our policy is based on recognizing the importance of always protecting the personal information you provide when you access our services owned and operated by GoFindHome® This policy describes how GoFindHome(r) collects, shares and uses information when you access our services.
This policy applies to all of the products and services owned and operated by GoFindHome® LLC., (collectively, “GoFindHome,” “we”, “us”, for “our”), including the content, data, features and software available on Gofindhome.com, gofindhomemls.com, our mobile applications, and any and all other websites or applications that we operate, (“Services”).
2. What information We Collect
a. Information You Provide
We collect content, images, and other information you provide to us when you access our Services, including when you complete webforms on gofindhome.com, gofindhomemls.com, repairroofs.com or in our mobile applications; create an account with us; communicate with us about our Services via comments, direct message, e-mail, SMS message, or phone; or respond to one of our surveys.
Categories of information you may provide to us include:Your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address;
• Your account log-in details;
• Circumstances related to your purchase or sale of a home or commercial property;
• Properties you visit or view on our website or mobile application and your opinions about those homes;
• Reviews or comments you leave on our website, mobile application, or on other public websites;
• Your professional license or state ID information;
• Real estate offer letters.
b. Information We Collect from Your Device
We may collect the following information from the device or combination of devices that you use to access our Services:
• Device attributes such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, bandwidth, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins;
• Information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots) or whether a window is in the foreground or background;
• Identifiers unique to you, your device, or your account(s), such as device IDs, advertising IDs, and other similar static ID numbers such as those from apps or accounts you use;
• Information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location;
• Network and connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, and IP address; and
• Data from cookies, tags, pixels, web beacons, and log files stored on your device, including cookie IDs, page views, how often you visit our website or mobile application, and links you click on.
We generally use this information for your convenience and to improve our Services. For instance, we may use it to: (i) remember your information so that you do not have to re-enter it; (ii) provide you with customized content and information, including advertising; (iii) monitor the effectiveness of our Services; (iv) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and usage patterns;(v) diagnose or fix technology problems; (vi) allow easier access to 360 tours and other emerging technologies.
c. Information We Collect When You Call Us
We may record phone or video calls with you for quality assurance purposes. In order to have a better defined workflow to improve the overall customer experience, we monitor and track how our team responds and respects your needs for a better user experience.
d. Information We Collect from Partners, Service Providers and Affiliated Businesses
Our business model seeks to provide a global reach at a local level, no matter where you are.
As such, we may collect information about you from our partners, service providers, and affiliated businesses in order to provide the Services, along with certain related products and services such as home financing, title insurance, escrow services, homebuilder partnership programs, developer programs, real estate agent partnership programs. We provide access to other potential purchasers or brokers, or to listing agents who may be able to help with your home sale.
Information we gather about you from our partners, service providers, and affiliated businesses may include:
• Off market properties from around the globe.
• Multiple Listing Service (MLS) information about your home or the home(s) you are interested in buying;
• Construction or purchase contracts;
• Information related to completion of the construction of your new home (if you are working with a homebuilder);
• Information about the condition of, and repairs to, your home and property;
• Information related to your home purchase, sale, moving dates, and financing in connection with helping us facilitate “trade-in” deals;
• Information about whether you may need homeowners insurance; and
• Information about how you engaged with a GoFindHome® advertisement or social media post.
To assist you to buy, list or sell your home through a third party, we may use public government data sources. We sometimes collect information from these sources to help you make better decisions on your personal path forward. We also collect data based on your rating of a property or the people in our GoFindHome® community of Users. The public information we collect about you and your home from public sources may include:
• The school district and public transportation available near your home;
• Property Tax assessments;
• Information contained on the deed to your property, such as name, address, liens, encumbrances, and title;
• Trend Data from consolidator services.
• Sale prices of properties similar to your property (called “comparables”);
• The number of bedrooms and bathrooms in your property;
• Whether your property has access to features like a lake, beach, boat dock, or parking garage;
• Whether your property is in a FEMA designated flood zone or has any other condition that would affect its market value;
• Permits issued for remodels and additions;
• The finished and unfinished square footage (square meters) of your property; and
• The year your property was built.
• Ratings created by GoFindHome® community of Users.
f. Information We Collect Through Our Mobile Applications
When you access our Services through our mobile applications, we may receive certain mobile device data such as a unique identification number associated with your device, your device type and manufacturer, your mobile carrier, subscriber status, payment method, phone number, caller ID data, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your location information, including GPS coordinates.
We generally collect this information to provide and improve your experience with the Services and to verify the identity and location of people who use our Services.
When you first launch our application you may be asked to allow us to access your geographic location. If you initially consent to this and change your mind, you can change your consent by changing the geolocation preferences in your device settings.
3. How We Use This Information
a. To Provide Our Services
We use the information that we collect about you to deliver our Services, including to personalize features and content to you. We use the information you provide to give you options for property buying and selling that may be relevant to your individual circumstances no matter where on the globe you or your property is located. As discussed in more detail below, you have choices about how and whether we process some of your information.
b. To Learn About the Home You May Want to Sell or Buy
If you are interested in selling, we use information you provide to us about the home, including photos, videos and 360 tours, to help us provide the Services to you and others. If you are interested in buying a property, we may consider information you provide us about the property you are interested in buying or selling, including property profiles that you have indicated your interest in, to try to match you with people and properties.
c. To Keep You, Your Information, and Our Properties Safe
GoFindHome® cares about your safety. We use the monitoring and identity verification technologies to help keep you safe when you work within the GoFindHome® community to prevent property damage and fraud.
d. To Advertise Our Services
We may use information collected about you to provide you with relevant information about additional Services that GoFindHome® or our affiliated companies offer, such as our matchmaking program, home financing, and title insurance services. Specifically, we use information about how you interact with our website and mobile application, combined with information you provide us and information we collect from other sources, to serve you relevant advertising.
e. To Do Market Research
We are constantly striving to improve our customer experience. We conduct research into all aspects of the global property buying and selling process to try to identify ways to make it better. Sometimes we use partner companies to conduct surveys of willing participants who offer suggestions as to how we might improve our Services. We also aggregate and analyze consumer information that we collect on our website, mobile applications, and from conversations with our customer service representatives to identify trends which inform how we change and grow.
f. To Support Information Security and Debugging
We may use information about you and your use of the Services to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and improve the security of our Services. We may also use this information to debug our Services to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
g. In Connection with a Dispute
We may use personal information to prosecute or defend against claims in court and other dispute resolution forums.
a. When you wish us to.
We may share your information when you specifically wish us to do so. Examples of these situations include:
• Agent partnerships. GoFindHome® works with both consumers, wholesalers, property owners, developers and real estate brokers and real estate agents. We may share your information with our agent partners in order to pair you with people who can help you through the home buying, selling and/or financing process.
• Builder / Developer partnerships. GoFindHome® partners with builders to provide buyers who are purchasing new homes from these builders with the opportunity to request offers from GoFindHome® for their current properties. When you are working with a builder and/or a developer, we may share your information with them.
• Financing providers. If and to the extent you authorize us to do so, we may share your information with home financing providers.
• Potential property buyers. We may work with trusted institutional property buyers to try to find a purchaser for the home.
• Escrow, closing attorney, title, homeowners’ insurance. If you need escrow, closing attorney, title insurance services, or homeowner’s insurance services, we may share your information with escrow, closing attorney, title, and homeowner’s insurance companies.
• Renovation companies. If you need renovation services, or to help us evaluate or repair homes we may acquire, we may share your information with renovation and construction companies.
• Immigration and other related entities worldwide who can assist you in moving into and out of countries beyond the United States.
• Other partners with whom you ask us to share your information.
b. With Our Affiliated Companies
We may share your information between our affiliated companies to the extent allowed by United States law.
c. With Service Providers
We may share your information with service providers, including payment processors, technology and infrastructure providers, digital communications services, commercial data and market research analysts, consumer report providers, auditors and accountants, physical site security providers, IT security and bug-fix partners, customer service providers, and other providers who perform services for and on our behalf for the sole benefit of us and our customers.
d. With Law Enforcement, Courts, or Government Agencies
We may share your information as necessary to respond to legal process or to regulatory authorities (such as pursuant to a subpoena, warrant, investigative demand from law enforcement, regulators, or others; national or international security letters; etc.); to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities (including fraud or stalking) and security or technical issues; to respond to or participate in commercial disputes (e.g., lawsuits or investigations); or to protect against fraud, claims, or other liability or harm to you, us, or others. These agencies may or may not be limited to the United States.
5. When Third Parties Benefit from GoFindHome® Sharing Your Information with Them
a. “Selling” Your Data
GoFindHome® is not a data broker. However, in some circumstances we share your information with third parties not owned by or co-branded with GoFindHome® specifically:
• Social media. If you use our Services, we may provide information about that use to social media networks who will use it to better target advertising.
• Third-party buyers. We may share your information with institutional buyers to try to find a purchaser for the home.
• Private Investors.
• Home insurance agencies. If you may need homeowners insurance, we may share your information with homeowners insurance agencies and those agencies may reach out to offer you a quote.
• Vendor due diligence. If you are an individual or business that wishes to provide services to GoFindHome®, we may share your information with a due diligence service to perform vendor due diligence. The due diligence provider may use this information to inform and further refine its risk analysis tools.
We actively seek out the use of secure and stable platforms to use commercially reasonable physical, electronic, administrative, and procedural safeguards to preserve the integrity, confidentiality, and security of all personal information collected through the Services. However, no security measure, system, or control is completely fail proof. Therefore, like all businesses, we cannot guarantee that our Services are invulnerable to attack or misuse.
b. Your Role
You have a major role in the security and privacy of your own information. For example, you should not provide us with personal information that we do not request. Additionally, you are responsible for controlling access to any personal computing device through which your information may be stored or accessed. You are also responsible for safeguarding any passwords or other log-in credentials that may be used to access your information, including in the GoFindHome® community environment. We recommend that you log out of any account when you are done using it.
c. Third Parties
Please remember to review the privacy settings and security policies of third-party sites and services that you use, such as social networks. Note that this may vary depending on what country you are using our services. We are not responsible for the privacy or security measures of any third party.
d. Incident Response
In the event that the security of any personal information under our control is compromised, we will take reasonable steps to investigate and mitigate the situation, including, when appropriate, notifying those individuals whose information may have been compromised and taking other steps in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
7. Opting Out of Our Communications
If you are interested in no longer being contacted by GoFindHome®, we want to facilitate that. You may click on the unsubscribe links in our marketing emails, text STOP in response to marketing texts, and request removal from our mailer list at gofindhome.com/removeme.
If you prefer to no longer use our app, you can follow the standard process to uninstall it from your device.
We are also happy to place you on our do-not-call list. For assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. California Consumer Privacy Act Rights
a. About the California Consumer Privacy Act
In addition to GoFindHome’s general privacy policies, consumers that are California residents (hereinafter, “you”) have specific rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). They include:
• The right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, and share about you, unless subject to a legal exception.
• The right to opt-out of sale to third parties of any personal information about you (as sale is defined by the CCPA).
• The right to request that we delete personal information about you, unless subject to a legal exception.
• The right to be notified that we collect personal information about you, and the purposes for which the information will be used. This right applies to job applicants, employees, directors, officers and contractors, as well California consumers.
Job applicants, employees, directors, officers and contractors should consult GoFindHome’s California Employee, Job Applicant, and Contractor Privacy Notice for more information.
b. How to Make a California Consumer Privacy Act Request
You may request to know, delete, or opt out of sales under the CCPA by going to gofindhome.com/privacyrequest or emailing email@example.com.
Only you or a duly authorized agent may make a CCPA request on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of a California resident, please call us.
You have the right to make a free request twice during any twelve-month period. The request must:
• Provide sufficient information for us to reasonably verify that you are the person, or an authorized representative of the person, about whom we collected the personal information; and
• Describe your request with sufficient detail for us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Submitting a request does not require you to create an account with us. However, for your safety and the safety of your information, we cannot fulfill a request to provide or delete personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you or an individual for whom you are an authorized agent. We may require additional verification before deleting or disclosing particularly sensitive information. We will only use the verification information you provide for the purpose of verifying your identity or authority to make the request.
We do not charge you a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. Unless permitted by law, we will not:
• Deny you goods or services;
• Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
• Provide you a different level of quality of goods or services; or
• Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
9. Updates and Questions
This policy is updated regularly. We will promptly make any changes available at gofindhome/privacypolicy. Changes will be effective as soon as the updated policy is posted unless otherwise stated.Questions about this policy can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-233-3325.
This Policy was last modified on October 1, 2022.